Thursday, June 12, 2008

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain."

I've been thinking about adding a post here, and just haven't, so now that there are approximately 9 minutes until I check out of work 5 minutes early, and I have nothing else to do (nor have I for 1 1/2 hours), I'll dedicate my energies to this.

As I've been recollecting on my life right now (which is never a good thing, because you're much too close to the situation, better to wait a year or two before making any judgments), I've found that I am unhappy. Not altogether unhappy, not desperate, nor grumpy, just not happy with me. Which is a problem. Because while I can't change how other people treat me, or feel about me, or act while they're around me, I can change me. And that's it. Me - how I treat others, feel about others, and act around others, as well as all of those actions in regards to myself (which is a bigger part of my life than I would like most to know). So when something is going wrong, or maybe not wrong, but just differently than what I would have a perfect situation look like, I can't be angry at anyone else, because I can't control them, I can't change them. All I can change in a situation is myself, and how I react to said situation. So if I find myself unhappy (as I have), what can I do to remedy this?

I don't think that trying to answer that question will actually answer anything, so I'm just going to ask it, then revisit it later, and make fun of myself for answering it wrong.

Ah! As much as I hate being cliche', I'm going to say something true, and it will mean something to me, and that's enough to merit writing it on here: If you tell yourself something to be true, sooner or later, you start to believe yourself. So, in a sense, changing this lifestyle, and changing my self, is, at least in part, a matter of telling myself that something is so.

And now I am a big, fluffy ball of cliche'.

No comments: